My first day as a blogger is coming to an end so ill tell you about my day:
I prepared the sandwich you saw on the lunch post, then I took a light jog to sea glass beach, which is here thanks to an old dumping site off the coast. I gathered a few pieces of sea glass, and continued on a big walk. That's right a walk (i got too winded to keep running).
Later on in the day I made the salad for dinner, which failed to satisfy my hunger, so a friend and I went to a shop called Harvest Market to get some gear for a second dinner. I was honestly craving chocolate, but the raw chocolate was a bit pricey so i bought a dairy free chocolate bar with almonds. No i didn't get to indulge in that for when i got home i felt ambitious and decided to make Raw Lasagna. But now I want the chocolate, but im going to go to bed deprived! I have class at 8:00am so i am off to bed. Here's the steps i went thru for the Raw Lasagna:
- First i thinly sliced a medium sized zucchini, then put it in the dehydrator on about 135 degrees while i made the "ricotta cheese"
- I made the ricotta cheese out of soaked cashews (soaked for about 20 minutes in warm water), nutritional yeast, lemon juice, celtic sea salt, garlic, parsley and purified water. Put in the VitaMix and then let sit so the flavors can meld.
- Then I made the marinara sauce, which I forgot to get the Sun Dried Tomatoes (SDT)for. I used a small piece of red onion, 1 large clove of garlic, a whole tomato, a quarter of red pepper (capsicum), celtic sea salt, parsley, and hot pepper flakes. Put in food processor and blended. It was a bit too runny without the addition of SDT's, but still tasty.
- Meanwhile I checked on the zucchini, putting them in the dehydrator makes them a bit noodle like.
- I sliced thinly baby bella mushrooms then marinated them in bragg's liquid amino acid some sea salt. Normally i would have used tamari and olive oil but I'm working in an unstocked kitchen and again I'm on a budget!
- Then i assembled first layering zucchini then marinated mushrooms, then some marinara and topped it with cheese, and repeat, topping with zucchini and covering with the cheese being the last thing on top.
- Garnish with a sprig of parsley, Yum. Again it would have been better if i could've marinated the mushrooms longer, and had the SDT, but it worked!
Raw Lasagna and sea glass I found at Sea Glass Beach.