Sunday, January 24, 2010

Botanical Gardens




































So yesterday I was suppose to do a lot of things, including cleaning my room, make chocolates, do laundry, do homework, update blog with recipes and pictures, and be ready to go to dinner with a bunch of my classmates. Well the only things i did on my to do list was go to dinner with classmates!

I woke up excited to exercise so i actually went for a run. It was the first sunny day in what felt like 2 weeks. So I really and truly went for a run then did a small and some may even say feeble attempt at exercising, but it worked cause i woke up sore this morning!

Yesterday was a fabulous day, filled with sunshine and good people! After my "exercise" me Karrilee, and Carolyn went to the Botanical Gardens here in Fort Bragg, then walked around the cute town of Mendocino. Ill post a bunch of pictures of all these crazy mushrooms and beautiful ocean views. Then we came home and got ready to go back to Mendocino for dinner. It was really fun, although our food took forever and i mean it was 2 1/2 hours after we ordered, but none the less it was delicious. Minus the fact that the sprouted quinoa was more like crunchy un-soaked quinoa! I had maybe not even 1 glass of wine, and it was a white wine, which i normally dislike, but this was super delicious. After our escapades at Raven's restaurant (yes i got the same ravioli dish i had got the time before), we went to our friend Matt's. There were the most delicious little zucchini roll ups that tasted just like they could be those junk food hot pocket like things that are made of saturated fat and carcinogenics. They were warm, right from the dehydrator and we dipped them in salsa...so freaking yummy! I forgot to take pictures of them because i was too busy shoveling em down my guliver (throat). Now i have to research the nutritional content of onions for my student demonstration that will take place on Wednesday. Oh and a recipe i promised all you eager readers! haha

Here's a Basic guacamole that i"m going to make for lunch today:

3 Avocado's ripe Cubed
1/2 tomato diced
1/4 onion minced
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 lime or lemon juice
1 jalapeno minced
small handful Cilantro (coriander) chopped finely
Salt and Pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients in a bowl....yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment